Forum Games post count

  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Shoud EO not count post in the Forum Games section?

  • Yes count them toward the total post of users

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No DO NOT count them toward the total post of users

    Votes: 2 40.0%

  • Total voters
    5

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 2, 2017
347
226
63
#1
I have seen other forums who don't count replies to their forum games section toward total post count for members. What are you thoughts on this?
 

Cridders

Forum Addict
Dec 10, 2017
102
69
33
#2
I don't think it matters really either way. Post count tells you very little anyway other than who are the more active contributors. And it is not like this forum's word game section is spammed quite so much as the "other forum" shall we say anyway :)
 

Bowyn Aerrow

Well-Known Member
Dec 5, 2017
96
61
23
#3
To be honest I think that the game post shouldn't be counted as it gives a false impression that a person has been helpful or dedicated to news/issues and other 'meaty' aspects/sub forums.

I'm not going to point any fingers at anyone else because I am guilty of this too but using the game room posts to get that last dozen or so post counts so I could achieve another merit or whatever on the other site. It leads to a myth-representation of the involvement I actually have with the real reason the forum exists – GLBTQ “stuff” like health issues, news issues, dealing and coping with estrangement of family when you come out… the real meat of the forum.

Now I could be wrong, but I think there was a topic a few years ago about how 'unfair' the post count was based on how much people spent most of their time playing games. I think it was two or three individuals who were unhappy about "competing".

Frankly I don't know how Messages, Likes and Points actually work.

The Facebook 'Like' button only gives people the ability to like crap and you can't express your true feelings that you dislike something. So to me "liking" is a stupid thing which does not reflect an accurate count of how people thought I was helpful or not.

Meaning I could have 1,830 likes, but that may be liked by only 20% of the members The other 80% may want to see how well elves burn at the stake…

I think it would best be a 'rating' system, like on a scale of one to 5 how do you feel about what this person said. 1 being "doesn't like the post at all" 2 being dislikes a little, 3 being 'meh', 4 being likes it a little and 5 being likes it a lot.

In the end I think the better forums are just forums without all of these kudos, cakes, bunnies, whatever it is that divides membership.

Besides, we have to think that there will be people coming here later down the road. How can they possibly compete with people with tens of thousands of postings because they have been here for years?
 

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 2, 2017
347
226
63
#5
Thank you all for your thoughts on this. So far from the input I have received from you all I might wait until the forum is a bit more active then disable post count for the forum games section.