Ok, it's time for me...

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

YoungFK86

Jan 8, 2018
Hi to everyone, I recognize many faces here. Like many others of you I was a user of other forums before, GS, ON, the first EO than again a bit on GS before the shutdown.
I write from Italy, a place nice to visit as a tourist but which I dislike to live.
I joined the forum but I wasn't sure if I had to post or lurk only every now and again, honestly cause I already saw the death of many forums, so I was just not in the mood to involve myself again in a place like this, talking about me etc. Also I didn't want to bother people here, as typical of me...

Something about me, I'm 31 (you know, the 86 on my ugly nickname) I lived abroad in the past but I made the stupid decision to come back to my old town, where my family lives, returning in the prison I lived for almost my entire life. I'm supposed to be a visual artist, and living abroad allowed me to restart my artistic life, but now I'm very lazy, not prolific at all, cause I've got a very pessimistic and negative attitude about life.
I was diagnosed something like "a depressive suicidal personality disorder" but none has the time to take this seriously, not even me, probably, so my life is a shit even if I've got many friends and I feel vast and deep emotions and interests...
So in the end tonight I had another small nervous breakdown and I decided to join a place populated by people who gave me a bit of comfort in the past.

EDIT: Oh, yes this is supposed to be a LGBT or something forum. In the past I used to identify as a Bi, today I'm just a Queer, but I'm not so much into love or sex (even if I'm not asexual) I just don't care too much about these things.

Hello to everybody, see you here, and maybe in the future, in another country.

chaseyboo

Forum Addict
Dec 3, 2017
Welcome to EO! :wave2:
You find living in Italy is boring, really? Do you live in a small village? I live in a rural area that outsiders typically would consider idyllic and beautiful, but is quite boring when you grew up in it, so I can sort of relate. I still wish I lived in Europe though.
Don't worry about bothering "us," you are us. We're not a closed click.
I think this time around, EO will survive. You being active and posting on here helps keep this forum alive, which will in turn help others out there who turn to online forums for answers and dealing with loneliness.
It's cool that you're an artist. Another member on here, @emiliano, is really into art, so I think our little corner of the internet will be grow to be more rich, expressive, and welcoming, for the lgbt+ community and our straight allies.

emiliano

Dec 23, 2017
Hi @YoungFK86 welcome to the forum.
I do like art, mostly just talking about it or looking at it though. What kind of art are you into? What do you like looking at? How would you describe your work, or do you have anything you’d be willing to show us?

I don’t recognize your username from gs, did you go by something else on there?

Anyway, I’m no good at life advice, I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through, but if you want to talk art or anything like that, I’m always down.

YoungFK86

Jan 8, 2018
Thanks to everybody :)
Welcome to EO! :wave2:
You find living in Italy is boring, really? Do you live in a small village?
Yeah, I'm from a very small touristic place. Europe has a lot of cool cities, I kinda love Europe and I feel European (or Worldguy) more than Italian.
Hi @YoungFK86 welcome to the forum.
I do like art, mostly just talking about it or looking at it though. What kind of art are you into? What do you like looking at? How would you describe your work, or do you have anything you’d be willing to show us?
I remember you, anyway :p. My nick used to be sillyboy86 or something like this.
I'm kinda open, Ilike to do experiments, I mostly do drawings and engraving but I'd like to try sculpture, animations etc, and I try to do it, a bit, but I must a real imput to do it for real. I'll post a link to my website sooner or later, actually I think I just lost a folder with pics to update it, gosh.
I'm a bit bastard LOL about contemporary art, cause I know the field, many critics, dealers and curators are only people into making money not into supporting real and honest artists, i personally know some very good painter who is forced to do bad things just cause to fit in the market, while his own works are way better and precious (intellectually speaking). Also I'm very bored of Conceptual Art (it was good in the past, but we're in 2018 now, time to move on), I remember you being a kinda deep person, a "thinker" so maybe you agree with me, or maybe not, you find even contemporary Conceptual interesting.

emiliano

Dec 23, 2017
I remember you, anyway :p. My nick used to be sillyboy86 or something like this.
I'm kinda open, Ilike to do experiments, I mostly do drawings and engraving but I'd like to try sculpture, animations etc, and I try to do it, a bit, but I must a real imput to do it for real. I'll post a link to my website sooner or later, actually I think I just lost a folder with pics to update it, gosh.
I'm a bit bastard LOL about contemporary art, cause I know the field, many critics, dealers and curators are only people into making money not into supporting real and honest artists, i personally know some very good painter who is forced to do bad things just cause to fit in the market, while his own works are way better and precious (intellectually speaking). Also I'm very bored of Conceptual Art (it was good in the past, but we're in 2018 now, time to move on), I remember you being a kinda deep person, a "thinker" so maybe you agree with me, or maybe not, you find even contemporary Conceptual interesting.
Ok i remember that username.

I like conceptual art, but I have to admit I'm no scholar or expert on it by any means. I'm certainly not part of what I'd consider the art world. I just really love art and am interested in its influence and power. But I can understand it is a market place and certain things are more marketable than other things, and if someone is trying to make a living off their work, there must be a pressure to conform to that to an extent. I'm mostly interested in late 19th - mid 20th century art.